In the Way of St.James and already at the limits of the town of Melide, we can approach the viewpoint of "O Castelo" and the Chapel of the Virgin of Carmen.
On top of a pre-Roman castro where numerous archaeological remains at the site was built in the Middle Ages the castle Melide of that the name is only found, we can see a panorama of the town of Melide franked by Bocelo mountains Faro and Farelo.
Access to "O Castelo" is perfectly enlightened along the extension of Main or Street San Pedro Street, ancient medieval Melide shaft. At the top of the gazebo, the illumination reaching two powerful spotlights ensures visibility and safety in the area. From here we can enjoy a spectacular night view of Melide.
Here stands tall at 1741 Carmen Chapel, built by Blas Nunez Segade, chaplain of the"Obra Pía" of st. Anton, with the help of all melidenses. The plan of the church is rectangular, with triumphal arch. The front has a cover surmounted by triangular pediment. In the center of this is a niche flanked by pilasters, which contains the image of the Virgin of Carmen with the Child Jesus and St. Simon knees.